Skip to main content

THAT IS THE KIND OF LOVE I WANT IN MY LIFE

THAT IS THE KIND OF LOVE I WANT IN MY LIFE
It was a busy morning, about 8:30, when an elderly gentleman in his 80s arrived to have stitches removed from his thumb. He said he was in a hurry as he had an appointment at 9:00.

I took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over an hour before someone would be able to see him. I saw him looking at his watch and decided since I was not busy with another patient, I would evaluate his wound. On examining it I saw it was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctors and got the needed supplies to remove his sutures and redress his wound.

While taking care of his wound, I asked him if he had another doctor's appointment this morning, as he was in such a hurry. The gentleman told me no, that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife.
I inquired as to her health. He told me that she had been there for a while, as she is a victim of Alzheimer's disease.

As we talked, I asked if she would be upset if he was a bit late.
He replied that she no longer knew who he was, that she had not recognized him in five years now. I was surprised and asked him, 'And you still go every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are?'

He smiled as he patted my hand and said, 'She doesn't know me but I still know who she is.' I had to hold back tears as he left, I had goose bumps on my arm and thought, 'that is the kind of love I want in my life.’

True love is neither physical nor romantic. True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be.
Peace is seeing a sunset and knowing who to thank.
The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.
I hope you share this with someone you care about, I just did.
Life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain.

The road to success is not straight.
There is a curve called Failure.
A loop called Confusion.
Speed bumps called Friends.
Red lights called Enemies.
Caution lights called Family.

You will have flats called Jobs. But, if you have a spare called Determination, an engine called Perseverance, insurance called Faith, a driver called Almighty God, you will make it to a place called Success.
I LOVE YOU!!!

True love last forever, do you believe that?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ARE YOU A CARROT, EGG OR COFFEE BEAN?

A young woman told her mother how hard her life was. She didn't know how she was going to make it and wanted to give up. She was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed that as she solved a problem, another one arose. Her mother took her to the kitchen. She filled three pots with water. In the first pot, she placed carrots. In the second pot, she placed eggs. In the last pot, she put coffee beans. She let them sit and boil without saying a word.  After about 20 minutes, she turned off the burners. She fished the carrots out, and placed them in a bowl. She pulled the eggs out, and placed them in a bowl. Then she ladled the coffee out and place it in a bowl. Turning to her daughter she asked '' What do you see? ''.'' Carrots, eggs and coffee '' the daughter replied. The mother brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrot...

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL- WEDNESDAY 08/10/2014

TOPIC: Faithfulness [Wednesday October 8, 2014] MEMORISE: His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. Matthew 25:23 READ: Matthew 25:22-30 22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them. 23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. 24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed: 25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine. 26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewe...

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - TALKING TO JESUS- wednesday 07/05/2014

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - TALKING TO JESUS-07/05/2014 in today’s message, we have been asked to memorise Matthew 7:7 :  Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you " Today's reading was taken from  Matthew 6:5-13  and the Bible reading in one year is  Genesis 11:10-14:24 and Psalm 101 (Adeboye, 2014). Quoted below is today's message for your input Prayer is talking to Jesus. There is nothing as sweet as talking to Jesus because the Most High loves to hear our voices. Prayer is the soul of man talking to God. It is worship addressed to God the Father, in the Name of God the Son, through the power of God the Holy Spirit. John 14:13 says: “And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.” Prayer consists of at least four parts: these are adoration, confession, thanksgiving and supplication. Adoration denotes praises and worship of God for wh...