Skip to main content

open heavens devotional, EVERYONE NEEDS A MIRACLE: 28/01/2013

EVERYONE NEEDS A MIRACLE: 28/01/2013

The topic that was treated yesterday in the Open Heavens Devotional (Adeboye, 2014) was Yesterday was “WHO SHALL GO FOR US” and it really awakened my zeal for evangelism. Thank God for everyone that contributed to the forum. I pray that the grace never to be weary will be released to all of us in Jesus name. Today’s topic in the Daily Devotional is“EVERYONE NEEDS A MIRACLE”; the memory verse was taken from Psalm 55:16: “As for me, I will call upon God, and the LORD shall save me”.
To observe our Bible in one year’s reading, we have been asked to read Hebrews 11-13 andPsalm 26

The Bible Reading for today’s message  is given as Mark 5:22-23

22 And, behold, there cometh one of the rulers of the synagogue, Jairus by name; and when he saw him, he fell at his feet,
23 And besought him greatly, saying, My little daughter lieth at the point of death: I pray thee, come and lay thy hands on her, that she may be healed; and she shall live.

The message is quoted below for our usual discussion. God bless Daddy GO and God bless every one of us as we reflect on the message.

“Some years ago, I was invited to be the guest speaker at a garden party in an exclusive, highbrow residential area. Because I arrived at the venue (Luke early, I was made to sit for a while in the house of my host. The house was an exquisite parade of wealth and splendour. I had never seen such brazen display of wealth in my life. The house contained six living rooms. I was kept in one of them. From where I was, I could see five other living rooms in ascending order of affluence. It was as if prosperity was on parade. After surveying the entire environment, I decided to change the topic of my message. Initially, I had wanted to preach on the topic: ”Your miracle is around”. I concluded: ”These people do not need a miracle”. I decided to change my topic to: ”What the Lord has done for me, I cannot tel it all” or ”Bless the Lord, 0 m soul”. While I was still thinking of changing the message, the Holy Spirit nudged me: ”Son, these people need a miracle more than you could ever imagine”. With every opportunity the Lord gives me to minister to men and women of substance, I have always leant that even they need miracles. All human beings need miracles irrespective of race, status or social standing. The Bible is a complete book. There is no aspect of human life that is not addressed in God's word. There is something in the Bible for all.

The story in today's reading centres on an eminent personality. Jairus was a man of uncommon achievement by all standards. He was a man of whom it could be said: ”he has made it in life”. in spite of his great achievements, however, he had one problem which money could not solve. His only daughter was at the verge of death. I n his seemingly hopeless situation, Jairus sought help from the Lord and the Lord met him at the point of his need. The Lord will meet you at the point of your need today in Jesus‘ Name. Like the case of Jairus, the man whose house I described above had one problem money could not solve. After the programme, the man pleaded passionately with me to pray over the case of his  son who was then a drug addict. The fact that the man was respected in the society God not grant him immunity from the storms of life. Before the intervention of God, this son was busy ruining the fortunes of the family; but I thank the Lord who touched him. The good news is that he has remained responsible and sensible since he received the touch of God. If you feel you don't need a miracle for yourself, you may need it for your family and children. It is possible that you may not need a miracle for your children but someone else who is precious to you might need a miracle. I pray that that your long-awaited miracle shall come to you today in Jesus‘ Name. Only believe, and you shall see the glory of God”

In today’s Devotional study, we have been asked to pray as follows: “Father, give me a miracle today that will turn life around for good in Jesus Name”- (Adeboye, 2014)

I pray that that long-awaited miracle will overflow in our situation today in Jesus Name.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ARE YOU A CARROT, EGG OR COFFEE BEAN?

A young woman told her mother how hard her life was. She didn't know how she was going to make it and wanted to give up. She was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed that as she solved a problem, another one arose. Her mother took her to the kitchen. She filled three pots with water. In the first pot, she placed carrots. In the second pot, she placed eggs. In the last pot, she put coffee beans. She let them sit and boil without saying a word.  After about 20 minutes, she turned off the burners. She fished the carrots out, and placed them in a bowl. She pulled the eggs out, and placed them in a bowl. Then she ladled the coffee out and place it in a bowl. Turning to her daughter she asked '' What do you see? ''.'' Carrots, eggs and coffee '' the daughter replied. The mother brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrot...

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL- WEDNESDAY 08/10/2014

TOPIC: Faithfulness [Wednesday October 8, 2014] MEMORISE: His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. Matthew 25:23 READ: Matthew 25:22-30 22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them. 23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. 24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed: 25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine. 26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewe...

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - TALKING TO JESUS- wednesday 07/05/2014

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - TALKING TO JESUS-07/05/2014 in today’s message, we have been asked to memorise Matthew 7:7 :  Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you " Today's reading was taken from  Matthew 6:5-13  and the Bible reading in one year is  Genesis 11:10-14:24 and Psalm 101 (Adeboye, 2014). Quoted below is today's message for your input Prayer is talking to Jesus. There is nothing as sweet as talking to Jesus because the Most High loves to hear our voices. Prayer is the soul of man talking to God. It is worship addressed to God the Father, in the Name of God the Son, through the power of God the Holy Spirit. John 14:13 says: “And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.” Prayer consists of at least four parts: these are adoration, confession, thanksgiving and supplication. Adoration denotes praises and worship of God for wh...