Skip to main content

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTION - Thursday January 16


TOPIC: THE CHOSEN OF THE LORD

Memorise: But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: 1 Peter 2:9

Read: 1 Samuel 16:12-13
12 And he sent, and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, and withal of a beautiful countenance, and goodly to look to. And the LORD said, Arise, anoint him: for this is he. 13 Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren: and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel rose up, and went to Ramah.

Message

When they brought in David from watching over his father’s sheep in the wilderness, the first thing that God said to the man of God about him was that he was the chosen one. What kind of person will God choose? 1 Corinthians 1:26-29 offers the answer to this question. God will choose the foolish. God will choose the weak. God will choose the people regarded as nothing. Why will God choose the foolish? It is because He will fill the foolish with His wisdom. If you believe you are already wise, He can no longer fill you with His wisdom, so He will not use you. This is probably why we find very few academics in the service of God. The ways of God don’t conform to human sense. For example, God says if you want to be rich, you must give. God says if you want your home to overflow with blessings, you must pay all your tithes. This does not make human sense. For some people, 100% of their earnings is not enough, not to mention 90%. When I became born-again, I really argued about this question of tithe with God. I thank God that He took my wisdom from me and replaced it with His foolishness. This is why I am where I am today.

Why will God choose weak people? He will choose weak people so that He can fill them with His power. If you are already strong, how can God give you strength? The Bible says He gives power to the faint, and to those that have no might, he increases strength (Isaiah 40:29). If you say you are strong because you are young, a time will come when you will exhaust the energy in you. Nevertheless, they that wait upon the Lord will constantly have their strength renewed by God. Before I became born-again, I was a sportsman, but malaria fever knocked me down at least once a month. When I became born-again, I told God to heal me and I will serve Him. He healed me and I am now serving Him with more than ten times the ability I had back then. By the grace of God I am waxing stronger. Why will God choose those who are nothing, like David? God finds it difficult to use those who are already something. I like one inscription that I saw in one of the offices at the Redemption Camp in Nigeria which says: “God does not call the qualified; He qualifies the called”. God does not choose the qualified, the wise or the strong; He makes His chosen vessels wise and strong. You too can be God’s chosen vessel. Allow Him to work on you and you will be a chosen vessel of honour in Jesus’ Name.

Prayer Point: Father, please work on my weakness and foolishness. Make me strong and wise enough to be your chosen vessel in Jesus' name.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ARE YOU A CARROT, EGG OR COFFEE BEAN?

A young woman told her mother how hard her life was. She didn't know how she was going to make it and wanted to give up. She was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed that as she solved a problem, another one arose. Her mother took her to the kitchen. She filled three pots with water. In the first pot, she placed carrots. In the second pot, she placed eggs. In the last pot, she put coffee beans. She let them sit and boil without saying a word.  After about 20 minutes, she turned off the burners. She fished the carrots out, and placed them in a bowl. She pulled the eggs out, and placed them in a bowl. Then she ladled the coffee out and place it in a bowl. Turning to her daughter she asked '' What do you see? ''.'' Carrots, eggs and coffee '' the daughter replied. The mother brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrot...

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL- WEDNESDAY 08/10/2014

TOPIC: Faithfulness [Wednesday October 8, 2014] MEMORISE: His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. Matthew 25:23 READ: Matthew 25:22-30 22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them. 23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. 24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed: 25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine. 26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewe...

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - TALKING TO JESUS- wednesday 07/05/2014

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - TALKING TO JESUS-07/05/2014 in today’s message, we have been asked to memorise Matthew 7:7 :  Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you " Today's reading was taken from  Matthew 6:5-13  and the Bible reading in one year is  Genesis 11:10-14:24 and Psalm 101 (Adeboye, 2014). Quoted below is today's message for your input Prayer is talking to Jesus. There is nothing as sweet as talking to Jesus because the Most High loves to hear our voices. Prayer is the soul of man talking to God. It is worship addressed to God the Father, in the Name of God the Son, through the power of God the Holy Spirit. John 14:13 says: “And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.” Prayer consists of at least four parts: these are adoration, confession, thanksgiving and supplication. Adoration denotes praises and worship of God for wh...